Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must live in the private home where they work in Canada.
Both the employer and the employee must follow several steps to meet the requirements of the Live-In Caregiver Program. To work as a live-in caregiver in Canada, you must make an application to the Live-In Caregiver Program. If your application is successful, you will receive a work permit.
Once you get the work permit under this program and you come to Canada as a Temporary Resident, you can become eligible to apply to become a permanent resident in Canada.
You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live-In Caregiver Program in Canada.
- A job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer
- A written contract with your future employer
- Successful completion of Canadian secondary school education
- At least six months’ training, or at least one year of full-time paid work experience in the past three years
- Good knowledge of English or French
If you have the relevant experience, education and language proficiency, we can help you with all other requirements and procedures.
For further information and a free consultation, Please contact us by clicking here