NEW ZEALAND STUDENT VISA
As one of the safest countries in the world, New Zealand has been a top destination for international students from around the world, especially from South and South East Asia. Education New Zealand has taken various steps to achieve up to 97% International Student Satisfaction Rate by 2030.
The program level of study should be commensurate with your previous education and/or work experience. Our expert counsellors will be able to assess your profile and recommend suitable program options.
- Valid passport
- Digital photograph
- Offer of Place
- English Language Ability
- Chest X-Ray (Required under certain conditions)
- Police Clearance Certificate (Required under certain conditions)
- Evidence of Genuine Intentions to Study
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Proof of Funds
- Statement of Purpose
- Education Documents
- Employment Documents
- Identity Documents (Country Specific)
- Application Fees
WORKING DURING STUDY
Your visa conditions will allow you to work up to 20 hours a week if you are doing a full-time course that:
- is at least 2 academic years in duration, or
- is at least 1 academic year in duration and part of an approved tertiary student exchange scheme, or
- results in a New Zealand qualification which gains points under the Skilled Migrant Category.
Your visa conditions will allow you to work full-time during scheduled breaks in study if all of these apply:
- you are studying full-time for at least 1 academic year
- your course is worth at least 120 credits, and
- your course is delivered over a period of at least 8 months (minimum two semesters).
Your visa conditions will allow you to work full-time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period if:
- you are studying full-time, and
- your course has a minimum duration of 2 semesters during a period of at least 8 months.
PHD And Masters By Research Students
- If you are enrolled in Masters by research or doctoral degree programme awarded by a New Zealand tertiary institution, your visa conditions will not have any restrictions on the hours you can work.
- Ph.D. students can work full time and their spouse/partner can apply for open work visa.
Secondary School Students
Your visa conditions will allow you to work for up to 20 hours a week during the school year, and full-time in the Christmas and New Year holiday between school years if:
- you are 16 or older, and
- studying in year 12 or 13.
Note: If you are under 18, you must have written permission from your school and your parents or legal guardian to work. You do not need written permission to work full-time in the Christmas and New Year holiday period if you are over 18.
- To work in NZ, students need Inland Revenue Department number (IRD number)
- Cannot be self employed during study
- Cannot do one week more than 20 hrs and next week less.
POST STUDY WORK VISA
Below important points are to be noted to qualify for post study work visa.
- Must be applied within 3 months of student visa expiry (6 months for Ph.D.)
- Submit proof of funds for NZ $4200
- Health and character check
- Already received qualifications or meet the requirements to receive qualification
- Visa issued only once, unless second course is bachelors degree or higher
- If not eligible for post study work permit, can apply for Essential Skills work visa
- 1, 2 and 3 years PGWP conditions are only for graduates until Dec 31, 2021.
To shortlist programs, please visit our Course Finder page.
For New Zealand student visa inquiries from India and other countries except Philippines, please contact email@example.com or call +91-9779110887 / 91-7717496487
For New Zealand student visa inquiries from Philippines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +63-9171243465 / +63-9338794292